Want to submit your story to streetside conversations? Follow these guidelines.
- We put out a specific call for submissions every quarter, focusing on three new themes. Check back here for the upcoming themes!
- Submissions must be author’s/authors’ own work. Manuscripts under submission at other platforms are eligible for submission. Please indicate if your piece has been or is under review elsewhere.
- The length for submissions is not strictly set. As a guideline, written submissions are expected to be approximately 700-1000 words.
- Please include a brief biographical statement and headshot. Please indicate the geographical context you are writing from.
- Word-based submissions must be .pdf, .txt, .doc, or .docx files.
- Please attach a related photo to accompany word-based submissions.
- All writing and other creative expression should adhere to ethical standards. This includes protection of minors and other vulnerable populations. In some cases, protecting their identities and stories may require pseudonyms and altered details. Photographs should be shared only with the consent of all identifiable individuals pictured and the written consent of parents/guardians of any minors.
- Submit articles or story pitches to the editor via email@example.com
- If you have social media (i.e. Facebook, Instagram) that you want to tag us in, please include it with your submissions.
For further inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
**Unless otherwise indicated, submitting material to Streetside Conversations (SC) implies that the author is granting permission for the SC team to reproduce it on any SC platform