For submissions to be considered, writers must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Submissions must be author’s/authors’ own work. Manuscripts under submission at other platforms are eligible for submission. Please indicate if your piece has been or is under review elsewhere.
- Please include a brief biographical statement with your submission. Please indicate the geographical context you are writing from.
- Please attach a related photo to accompany word-based submissions. If no photo is attached, the Streetside Conversations team will choose a photo from our resources to accompany the publishing.
- The length for submissions is not strictly set. As a guideline, written submissions are expected to be approximately 800 words and auditory submissions are expected to be approximately 7 minutes long. If there is uncertainty, please ask the editor.
- All writing and other creative expression should adhere to ethical standards. This includes protection of minors and other vulnerable populations. In some cases, protecting their identities and stories may require pseudonyms and altered details. Photographs should be shared only with the consent of all identifiable individuals pictured and the written consent of parents/guardians of any minors.
- Submission deadlines are January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15. Please refer to our website for the specific themes associated with each deadline.
- Manuscripts should be submitted to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Word-based submissions must be .pdf, .txt, .doc, or .docx files. Visual submissions must be .jpg, .png, .gif, .mov, .mp4, or .wmv files. Audio submissions must be .mp3, .wav, or .wma files.
- Files must be named YearMonth_Theme_Lastname.fileextension. Submission date should reflect the month and year of next submission deadline (i.e.: 2017March_Hospitality_Johnson.doc)
- If applicable, citations should follow the Modern Language Association (MLA).
For further inquiries, please email email@example.com